Led by local FIRST Lego League Jr. partners, our FLL Jr. Coaches Workshop will walk you through what to expect this season. You will be introduced to the 2019-2020 BOOMTOWN BUILD season and the basics of getting started with FLL Jr. Come learn more about team resources, registering your team, what to expect at our Expos and more! The workshop for the 2019-2020 season was held October 26, 2019 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Girl Scouts of NE Texas STEM Center of Excellence.
Below are links to helpful resources for FIRST LEGO® League Jr. Coaches:
Coaches Workshop Presentations:
- FIRST Programs and FLL Jr. Overview Presentation
- FIRST Core Values and the Art of Mentoring a Team Presentation
- FLL Jr. 2018-2019 Season Picture Presentation – Sample Model and ShowMe Poster Pictures
- Survival Tips for New FLL Jr. Coaches Presentation
- Understanding the FLL Jr. Challenge Curriculum Presentation
- Building and Programming with your FLL Jr. Inspire set and WeDo 2.0 Kit Presentation
Helpful FLL Jr. Documents:
- FLL Jr. BOOMTOWN Build Challenge – FIRST Resource Library
- BOOMTOWN Build Challenge Flyer
- Experiencing an FLL Jr. Expo in North Texas
- FLL Jr. North Texas Promotion Flyer
LEGO® Education Resources:
FIRST Lego League Jr. 2020 World Festival Expo
April 15-20, 2020 in Houston, Texas
All nationally registered teams will be able to apply for an opportunity to attend the World Festival Expo through an application process administered and managed by the FIRST LEGO League Jr. HQ Program Team.
Registration deadline is January 13, 2020.
Notification will be sent to the lead presenter via email by February 15, 2020.
All submissions must include all the information requested. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please note that travel and accommodations are not provided by FIRST and are the responsibility of the presenter(s).
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.